REVIEW: Almay Smart Shade powder - bronzer and blush




ALMAY SMART SHADE POWDER BRONZER in #40 Sunkissed


it only comes in one shade which is #40 Sunkissed 
It is Paraben, oil, and fragrance free


the compact comes with a brush and a mirror at the bottom




left swatch using angled contour brush; heavy swatch on the other side

Although the colour looks dark on pan, it will look more subtle (natural) when applied on the skin (as shown on the swatch above - I'm an NC20).  If you are looking for a matte bronzer, this is not the one for you.  On the compact, you will see 3 different coloured dots - which according to Almay will create the 'ideal shade' that is a 'universally flattering shade'.  Now I cannot really speak for all others with regards to that claim, but for me, it gave my skin a hint of radiance without making it look overly shiny.  The bronzer applied smoothly, and I didn't experience any fallouts during the application.  I would most likely use it on my cheeks to give me a more natural sun-kissed glow.  This will look gorge especially during the summer 



ALMAY SMART SHADE POWDER BLUSH in #10 Pink



there are 3 shades available: Coral, Pink and Nude

uses the same compact like the bronzer (includes a mirror and brush)







the blush is made up of a main colour (which looks champagne-y to me) plus different shades of pink dots.

just a quick video i posted on my instagram ^_^ 

looks clearer in Instagram (@aiveenation)





heavy swatch on the left; the other side was done using a blush brush

 This blush is a pretty pink (heavy swatch; pinky-coral when used with a brush) colour. I don't think you can overdo the application of this since the powder was a bit dry (similar to the bronzer).  You might need to swirl your brush a couple times over it (which is what I did for the swatch on my arm on the right).  I do like this blush for the pretty pink/coral colour and the subtle sheen it gave my cheeks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.aiveenation © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects