Review: Sephora Mattifying 8 Hour Moisturizer


Let's talk about this mattifying moisturizer from Sephora - which promises to do the following (as per  description on the Sephora website)

What it is:
An exceptional oil-free moisturizer that prevents the skin from shining for up to eight hours. 

What it is formulated to do:
Be fabulously shine-free for up to eight hours with this long-lasting moisturizer. HydroSenn+™, an intensely moisturizing ingredient more effective than hyaluronic acid, forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface to harness and retain water for optional hydration. This formula also contains UVA/UVB filters and antioxidants to help combat the signs of aging. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 

What else you need to know:
This product is non-comedogenic and has been dermatologically tested. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. 

Research results:
- A scientific test on 22 volunteers reported a 30% reduction in visible shine after 8 hours of wear 
- According to a test on 23 volunteers, 78% of users reported less visible pores and satisfaction immediately after application 
- According to a scientific test on 11 volunteers, 91% of users reported long-lasting moisture, with significant measures 8 hours after application



I decided to purchase this because of the 8 hour mattifying claim, first of all.  Then secondly was that it has Hyaluronic acid (which promotes skin hydration).  Thirdly, it has UVA/UVB filters and antioxidants that prevents premature aging (who doesn't want that?).  Lastly was that it didn't contain any parabens and its non-comodegenic.

The bottle contains 1.69 oz of product and has a pump which is very convenient.  This sells for $27CA.  Now about the packaging.... *sigh* I opened the box and somehow got disappointed with the way the label was kinda 'slapped on' the tube.  It didn't look too proffesional in my eyes.. 

Ok, so on with the actual product.  I love how it felt when I applied it on my skin. It felt very light, and non sticky.  it has a slight fragrance which I actually like.  My foundation applied evenly underneath this product. And then I went on with my day...

5 hours later, I checked my face in the mirror - and there it is..Oil slick(especially on my forehead and around my nose)

I was disappointed that my face was shiny like even before I had used this moisturizer. 
I don't have a too oily face, and I normally don't powder.. but I guess for this to work, I might need to blot or powder once throughout the day. 

Not too sure if I will repurchase - I might need to try this out some more, and see how I go about with it.
They could also lower the cost since its Sephora brand, and does not really does what its advertised to do (8 hour mattifying part)

have you  tried this? any thoughts?

x
Aivee



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
.aiveenation © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects